If you are someone looking to perfect your pain management routine, it might be a good idea to begin researching different nutrients your body needs to help heal itself from the inside. Here are a few of the most essential vitamins your body needs especially if you are someone who suffers from chronic pain or are concerned about preventing future injuries as well:
- Vitamin B12 – This natural energy booster is a great catalyst for cell reproduction and repair. In addition to these benefits, it also helps to keep nerves protected as well as blood cells healthy and even works to create DNA in the body. For these reasons, vitamin B12 is known for helping prevent any future injuries and works to reduce discomfort in already existing injuries.
- Vitamin D – In order to have a strong and healthy skeletal system, your body needs calcium. Vitamin D is just as an important nutrient to add to your diet as it aids in the body’s absorption of calcium and serves as a natural anti-inflammatory to help reduce pain caused by swelling.
- Vitamin C – If you suffer from chronic pain caused by inflammation, you may also want to consider increasing the amount of Vitamin C that you consume regularly. Among other benefits, Vitamin C is a miracle worker for those who are recovering from injuries as it assists with tissue repair and protects cells from free radicals that can cause them harm over time. During this time of year, it is especially important to ensure Vitamin C is a part of your regular diet as it also works to strengthen your immune system keeping you healthy and free of illness.
- Vitamin B3 – If a strong nervous system is what you desire, you should increase the amount of Vitamin B3 in your diet. In addition to keeping your nervous system in check, it also works alongside other anti-inflammatory drugs to make them overall more effective at reducing pain in the body.
- Vitamin E – The last nutrient we recommend adding to your pain management routine is Vitamin E. Working to promote a healthy circulation and immune system, this vitamin plays a huge role in the healing process by repairing damaged tissue and providing the body with the natural resources it needs to protect itself from future injuries.
Let today be your first step towards a pain free life! Feel free to contact us with any questions regarding what vitamins your body may be lacking and how an updated pain management routine can be beneficial to you.